Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sweatin' the small stuff.....that makes the big stuff happen.

Well, the final contract for the classes I will teach in the spring have been signed. I am nervous. It's a good nervous though. As I filled out the class proposals, I was overwhelmed. For a bit. Then I got used to figuring out how many yards the students would need, I cut and pasted like a pro, and ran through every notion students would need for each project as I made samples. Then, I was consumed with suspicions that I forgot something. I got over that, and now I am totally freaked out thinking of everything I need to remember to tell these students, handouts I need to write, how I will introduce myself, hoping people will sign up...eeeekkkk!! It seems like everything is so jumbled and disorganized in my brain, but I know it will straighten out later. Right before these things need to happen. It seems to be interfering with my sewing routine as well. I find myself walking away from projects more often and find myself wondering around the house. This sounds strange, I know, but I feel like I'm forgetting to do something. I think the weight of what's to come is tricking my mind into thinking I forgot to do something. Plus, I keep thinking about all the small stuff I should be doing more of. Like writing this blog and updating my Facebook page. They say, "don't sweat the small stuff" but I can't help it, the small stuff is was got me here in the first place! It needs and deserves to be sweated. 

1 comment:

  1. You will do a great job. Like you said above everything will click into place when the time is right. Good luck and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete